These lesser known facts about your favourite celebrities may cause you to never see them the same way again. You’ve been warned!
1) James Lipton was a pimp in France, in his younger days.
2) Christopher Walken was a lion tamer who travelled with a circus when he was 15. And no, we didn’t make that up.
3) Jake Gyllenhaal was given his first driving lesson by Paul Newman. Paul was a close family friend.
4) Steve Buscemi was a NYC firefighter earlier in his career.
5) Once upon a time, Jerry Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati – scary right?
6) Natalie Portman is a Harvard grad who has been published in two scientific journals.
7) Kesha as an IQ of 140 and scored 1500 on her SATs – in case you need a reminder to never judge a book by its cover!
8) Modern Family star Nolan Gould is a genius. No really, he’s a member of Mensa.
9) Tom Hanks is related to Abraham Lincoln – third cousin, four generations removed to be exact.
10) Oona Chaplin (from Game of Thrones) is the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin!
11) In World War 2, Audrey Hepburn was a courier for resistance fighters in Amsterdam
12) Woody Harrelson’s father was an assassin, who was the killer of federal judge John H. Wood.
13) Tim Allen was arrested in 1978 for possession of cocaine. He spent two years in prison.
14) Justin Timberlake’s mother was Ryan Gosling’s legal guardian while they filmed The Mickey Mouse Club. The two become close and were even roommates at one point!
15) Oprah’s real name is Orpah.
16) Leonardo DiCaprio was named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting in an Italian museum when she felt her son first kick in the womb!
17) Madonna’s first job in New York city was at Dunkin’ Donuts. True to her rebellious nature, she got fired…because she squirted jelly on a customer.
18) “The King” was a natural blonde! Elvis Presley started dying his hair black in high school.
19) Did you know Ashton Kutcher has a twin brother? His name is Michael.
19) Anne Hathaway originally wanted to be a nun when she grew up.
20) R. Kelly is illiterate.
21) One of David Bowie’s eyes is permanently dilated as a result of getting into a fight when he was 15. Him and another boy were fighting over the same girl.
22) One of Steve Job’s go-to stress relievers during Apple’s early days was soaking his bare feet in the company toilets…
23) Part of Matthew Perry’s middle finger on his right hand is missing. The tip had to come off after a nasty door-slamming accident.
24) Tyra Banks is terrified of dolphins. Yup.